1-2-1 Advice & Support-Drop in Sessions
This service is offered to families in the Dartford, Gravesham and Sevenoaks District.
We are able to offer this support to parents as we have many years of experience of working with parents of disabled children. We can help you through the maze of services, agencies and processes and help you to prioritise the key areas of support needed.
This is particularly useful around the time of diagnosis where parents often feel isolated and are unsure of what to do next.
Advisers are available at regular Drop in Advice Sessions where no appointment is necessary, or in exceptional circumstances by a home visit. Additionally, bookable appointments may be available at Allsworth Court, Hextable.
Here are just a few areas of support given:
- Help parents draft letters to request and access support.
- Signpost to other specialists.
- Give strategies to manage challenging behaviour.
- Give a good listening ear on any concerns.
- Information on dealing with education professionals to ensure your child receives the right support.
- Ideas on where to take your child for leisure activities that have special services for a disabled child.
See below for Drop in Advice Session venues:
When: Tuesdays term time only.
Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Where: Community Cafe @ YMCA, The Roundhouse, Overy Street, Dartford, DA1
When: Thursdays term time only
Time: 9.30 am-2.30pm
Where: The Maltings, City Praise Centre, 9-11 Lower Road, Gravesend, DA12 2LY
When: Wednesdays term time only
Time: 10 am – 2 pm
Where : Spring House Childrens Centre, Sevenoaks Hospital, Hospital Road,
Sevenoaks, TN13 3PT
Starting Wednesday 24th April 2019
Please note that these are open advice sessions. It is not always possible to ensure total privacy in these Drop-in Sessions, particularly at peak times. If confidentiality is essential to you, please make this known to the adviser and they will do their best to accommodate you.