At Beams, we offer Brokerage Management services to help people to manage their Personal Budget or Personal Health Budget or Direct Payment, including supporting people to employ their own Personal Assistants/Support and Care Workers.
What is Brokerage Management ?
The role of the Support Broker does not extend beyond the agreement or the implementation of the Support Plan. Some people will need ongoing support with the implementation, management and administration of their individual Support Plan arrangements. This could include:
- Financial administration- management of your Personal Budget/Personal Health Budget/Direct Payment
- Recruiting Support Workers/ Personal Assistants including DBS checking
- Line-managing/support to line-manage Support Workers/ Personal Assistants
- Staff supervisions and appraisals
- Staff rota development & management
- Planning, running & overseeing team meetings for Support Workers/Personal Assistants
- Facilitating ‘Circle of Support’ meetings
- Payroll function
- Arranging insurance
- Arranging staff training
- Exploring & applying for funding to help cover the cost of your arrangements
- Reviewing and updating your Support plan as needed
- Setting up and managing your direct payment
These functions are collectively called ‘Brokerage Management’.
The Brokerage Management role is different from that of a Support Broker:
Working with Beams to Manage Your Support Plan
We offer a range Brokerage Management services.
We work to support people to feel confident in doing some of the management themselves if this is what they wish to do, with Beams providing support and guidance as needed.
We can offer fixed or flexible service options to meet your individual needs and requirements.
We will discuss this with you as part of your initial enquiry with us and can review our involvement in your support regularly.
Short Term Support
Beams can also offer unbiased support when things have gone wrong or there are issues that need to be resolved between yourself and your team or any organisations that support you. This support would be provided as a one off short-term arrangement.
How Much Does Brokerage Management Cost?
The cost of Brokerage Management is determined by the level of work involved. Each person’s circumstances are different. We start with a conversation to learn more about what you need help with and how we can support you.
There is a charge for all Brokerage Management work carried out by Beams after this initial conversation.
These services may be funded from the Personal Budget or Personal Health Budget and sometimes it can be covered through other avenues of funding. As part of our initial chat with you, we will explore funding options available to cover the cost of our support.
If you would like more information, or would prefer to speak to someone directly then please do not hesitate to contact us.
T: 07918 706 601 E: firstname.lastname@example.org.