This service is offered to families in the Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley areas.
We are able to offer this support to parents as we have many years of experience of working with parents of disabled children. We can help you through the maze of services, agencies and processes and help you to prioritise the key areas of support needed.
This is particularly useful around the time of diagnosis where parents often feel isolated and are unsure of what to do next.
Here are just a few areas of support given at a home visit:
- Help parents draft letters to request and access support.
- Sign post to other specialists.
- Give strategies to manage challenging behaviour.
- Give a good listening ear on any concerns.
- Information on dealing with education professionals to ensure your child receives the right support.
- Ideas on where to take you child for leisure activities that have special services for a disabled child.
Please note you must be a member to receive this service.