I am looking for a reliable, energetic and responsible PA for my 16-year-old daughter. K is a chatty, fun-loving young person, who desperately wishes to be independent and to be able to do her own thing outside of her family, like most 16-year-olds. You will be keen to build a friendly and mutually respectful relationship with K and will be invested in her future development. You will be responsible for helping K to access activities in her local community, take her on days out and assist her in developing her life skills. This is the ideal role for someone looking for additional work at weekends and during school holidays, particularly if you have an interest in and/or experience of working with young people with SEND.
To provide 1:1 support to K to promote her independence, social and life skills.
• To be an appropriate, relatable role model to K
• To build a positive, trusting relationship with K.
• To take K on social outings, ie. shopping, swimming, parks, zoos, the beach, fun fairs, restaurants etc.
• To support K with developing her life-skills, such as using money, using public transport, keeping herself safe, acting appropriately in public etc.
• To engage K in activities at home, such as cooking, crafts, watching films etc.
• To assist K to manage anxiety and build confidence and self-esteem.
• To help K to manage social interactions appropriately, in order to be able to function in society and keep herself safe
• Other ad hoc duties as may be required and agreed in advance
Requirements & Personal Qualities
• Energy and stamina
• An empathetic, patient and understanding nature
• A calm and mature influence
• Motivated to help K to plan days out and activities
• Experience of working with people with SEND (ie. learning difficulties, ADHD, sensory processing disorder) would be considered an advantage
• Full, clean driving license and own car
8 hours per day every other weekend (could be Saturday or Sunday)
8 hours per day, 3 days per week during school holidays
Please contact Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07811 967 258
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com