Position Available: Personal Assistant
Outline of role: To provide support and assistance to my child, to enable her to achieve maximum personal benefit from their everyday life.
About My Child: My Child is visually impaired with an undiagnosed genetic condition that affects them sitting up, rolling over, walking, talking, drinking, and eating. With 1-1 support, my child is trying to reach their goals of sitting up independently, taking steps, and learning about the world. My child loves nursery rhymes, bouncing, and funny sounds.
Rate of Pay: £8.72
- Help in and out of the bed
- Help with dressing
- Help with showering/bathing
- Help using the toilet or changing pads
- Help with getting from the bed to the chair
- Cooking and preparing meals and/or drinks
- Support with Feeding pureed food and thickened fluids.
- Maintaining a clean surrounding after use or completing a task. This can include soiled laundry and household cleaning/Pushchair etc.
- Assisting my Child to participate in various social activities, as per my instructions, this may include going to physiotherapy, Hydrotherapy, going shopping, attending classes, meeting friends, trips to the park etc.
- Play Therapy at Home, Sitting rolling, playing with toys
This is not a list of everything that you may be asked you to do.
Due to the sensitive nature of this role, we will be considering female applicants only for this post in accordance with the provisional of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010) pursuant to schedule 9 part 1.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Nick McDonald and Jo Woollard On: 07958588580 / 07912143754
Swanscombe DA10 area
We have been allocated 14 hours a week for school holidays and 3 hours a week for term time. Our regular PA hasn’t been available since the beginning of lockdown so we are looking for someone who can help us out until she is able to return :
We are looking for someone who is reliable and trustworthy and drives. Able to take our daughter out.
A little bit about our daughter. She is called Aimee and is 14 years old. She has autism and Global Development Delay. She has a lovely nature. She can walk unaided but is quite unsteady. Needs to hold a hand, especially near roads. She is getting quite independent but requires help when needed. She will say if she needs help. Her speech is getting better. Sometimes can be unclear but she backs it up with sign language. She enjoys shopping and swimming.
The main time we need help is during school holidays and occasional weekends and evenings.
We are looking for a PA for our 17-year-old boy who has a Global development delay, Epilepsy, Peg feed. We want some one to be able to get him ready for school morning from 7am-9am and after school 15:30pm-19:00pm.
He is not going back to school until January now so some additional hours may be available during this time.
The job will include changing, feeding including medication administer via peg.
He is a very lovely boy and will be working in a lovely home environment. We will welcome to our family who wants to come and join to look after our boy.
Days available to work
Thursday 7am-9am, 15:00-19:00
Saturdays – 3 or 6 hours (Start times to be discussed with family)
Mobile number: 07728570197
15th September 2020
A personal assistant is required to support our 11-year-old daughter who has a diagnosis of Neurogenic Arthrogryposis and Speech and Language delay. Our daughter is a wheelchair user and needs support with personal care and eating and drinking. She has an unsafe swallow and her food needs to be pureed. She uses her VOCA, some words, and Makaton to communicate along with facial expressions, gestures, and body language. She is generally very happy and has a great sense of humour. Having a structured routine and boundaries in place works well for her.
Main duties will include supporting our daughter to access more social opportunities in the community, supporting with eating and drinking, and providing personal care. Activities may include going shopping, to the park, soft play, or to the farm.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is reliable and consistent.
- Can bring out the best in our daughter with a good sense of humour but can also use a firm approach.
- Has a full driving license and who is willing and comfortable driving a transit van.
- Has relevant manual handling training.
- Is an effective communicator and has some knowledge of using Makaton.
- Weekend support of 4 hours term time and 6 hours non-term time
- Wage: £8.72 per hour
- Location: West Malling
- Duration: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
This post is subject to a DBS check
If interested, please contact Sally Bryant (Mum) by E: email@example.com