Donate today and help us to raise funds for a new garden at our 6 bedded respite unit in Hextable, Dragon’s Retreat.
Our garden is a great space where disabled children can enjoy the outdoors, be safe and mix with friends. It has helped with their mental health and wellbeing during the lockdown period and in normal times, is used for holiday clubs, afterschool clubs and family events.
The garden is our unique selling point and is in desperate need of repair. Some of the play equipment, including our wheelchair swing has broken and the artificial grass needs replacing. A new garden with up-to-date equipment utilising the space we have, would greatly benefit the children and young people in our care.
Photos of our current garden:
Our new garden will provide access to:
- A Sensory Garden, which will include beautiful flowers and objects to stimulate senses and create an area to explore.
- A Playground, which will include specialist playground equipment, fully accessible for all to enjoy.
- A Vegetable Patch, to create an educational zone to develop new skills, teaching our children how to care for plants and promote self-confidence.
- A Quiet Space, to create a peaceful area where children can join storytelling sessions and enjoy the garden in a calm and tranquil space.
- A Community Area, which will include a covered seating area for the children and young people in our care, to socialise.
Help our Garden to grow, by making a donation
How else can you get involved and support our appeal?
There are lots of other ways that you can help. Here are a few suggestions:
- Buy a Brick and help our garden to grow. In return, your name or message will be engraved on a brick which will be built into our new garden. Click HERE to for further information. To purchase a brick, please click HERE.
- Become a Garden volunteer and help us to create a beautiful garden for the children we care for.
- Celebrate your Birthday by asking your family and friends to make a donation to our appeal. Create a fundraising page by clicking HERE or set up a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser.
- Could your company sponsor part of our new garden? Or are they able to match-fund? Please contact Luke.Cashin@wearebeams.org.uk to discuss further.
And when Covid restrictions allow:
- Throw a Garden party with your family or friends, by organising a coffee morning or host an afternoon tea.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to fundraise or help in any way. We will be able to supply you with resources for your fundraising activities.