Support our Plant a Smile Appeal and help us to transform our current garden at our 6 bedded respite unit in Hextable, Dragon’s Retreat. Our vision, to create an enjoyable and fun space for disabled children to learn, socialise and develop skills to enhance independence.
We provide care at our respite unit for children and young people with disabilities that are considered severe, complex and require 1-1 care.
Our new garden will serve our children by providing access to:
- A Sensory Garden, which will include beautiful flowers and objects to stimulate senses and create an area to explore.
- A Playground, which will include specialist playground equipment, fully accessible for all to enjoy.
- A Vegetable Patch, to create an educational zone to develop new skills, teaching our children how to care for plants and promote self-confidence.
- A Quiet Space, to create a peaceful area where children can join storytelling sessions and enjoy the garden in a calm and tranquil space.
- A Community Area, which will include a covered seating area for the children and young people in our care, to socialise.
Help our Garden to grow, by making a donation.
How can you get involved and support our appeal?
There are lots of ways that you can help. Here are a few suggestions:
- Become a Garden volunteer and help us to create a beautiful garden for the children we care for.
- Celebrate your Birthday by asking your family and friends to make a donation to our appeal. Create a fundraising page by clicking HERE or set up a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser.
- Could your company sponsor part of our new garden? Or are they able to match-fund? Please contact Julia.Hussain@wearebeams.org.uk to discuss further.
- Create your own challenge or enter a sponsored race or event. Create a fundraising page by clicking HERE.
And when Covid restrictions allow:
- Throw a Garden party with your family or friends, by organising a coffee morning or host an afternoon tea.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to fundraise or help in any way. We will be able to supply you with resources for your fundraising activities.
Take a look at a few photos from our current garden.
Any support you are able to give will be greatly received