What is the Direct Payment Service?
The Direct Payment Service provides a range of information and practical support for disabled children, young adults up to 25 years of age and their families in receipt of, or interested in taking up, Direct Payments within Kent.
How can the Direct Payment Service help?
We understand that receiving or considering Direct Payments for the first time can be a daunting prospect. The Direct Payment Service aims to make the experience as simple as possible by supporting children, young adults and their parents throughout the process. The Direct Payment Service can provide practical and informative support such as:
- Helping you understand the ‘Direct Payment Agreement’
- Discussing your options around the recruitment process, assist with writing and placing adverts, sending out job application forms and collating responses.
- Carrying out DBS Checks for Personal Assistants (PAs)
- Supporting good employment practice
- Working with you to manage your Direct Payment budget
- Obtaining information in accessible formats where required
- Providing template documents for all your needs
Our support includes face to face, telephone and email support from your dedicated Direct Payment Case Worker.
If you have any queries or would like to speak to a member of the Direct Payment Service regarding anything to do with Direct Payments then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Useful Links – Please just click on the link.