My son is aged 5, Autistic and non-verbal. He is energetic, loves to giggle, affectionate and likes adult company.
PA Required to assist him to access social activities in the community. To provide support and assistance to enable him to achieve his full potential, this includes some personal care. My child’s interest includes sensory play, outdoor play and cooking. You will be supporting my child to enjoy these activities out and about and within the home.
1. To assist my child to access social activities in the community
2. Encourage him to use his visual aids for communication, understanding of this is not essential.
3. Supporting with eating
4. To provide support and assistance to enable my child to achieve their full potential.
5. Help change nappies/toileting
6. Other ad hoc duties as may be required and agreed in advance
I am looking for someone to take my son out, this includes participating in various social activities, swimming, going shopping, attending classes, sporting activities, trips to the park, out to eat, light cooking at home and similar sorts of tasks not listed above. He is currently in pull-ups and undergoing toilet training, therefore changing him may be required.
Experience and Personal Qualities:
1. Experience of working with people with SEND (ie. learning difficulties, ADHD, ASD, sensory processing disorder) would be considered an advantage.
2. Experience of working with a child with challenging behaviour.
3. Energy and stamina.
4. Ability to empathise and adjust your approach to enable communication at his level of understanding.
5. To have the passion, commitment and drive required to work with and improve the life of an Autistic child.
6. To be kind, patient and reliable.
8. Full, clean driving license and own car.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full DBS check and have business car insurance (help will be provided with these if necessary)
Hours required: 5 hours per week.
Rate of pay: £12 per hour.
Please contact Elizabeth on 07951818768 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com