We Are Beams

Disabled Children's Charity in Kent

Making A Referral

You can make a referral via your local GP, Social Worker or direct. 

CALL 01322 668501SUPPORT US

Referrals to Short Breaks Service

Referrals are welcome from parents, social services within any local authority or any other professionals working with disabled children or young people aged between 0-25 years of age.

We work alongside the Disabled Children’s Commissioning Team at Kent County Council, Medway Council, Bromley Council, Bexley Council and Greenwich Council. Our Dragon’s Retreat Service can obtain references from them with regard to the delivery of the service.


Referrals to Family Advice Service

To access this service there is no formal referral form for professionals to complete. This service however, is only primarily offered to families living in the Dartford, Gravesham, Swanley, Sevenoaks areas.

Ideally we prefer parents to contact us directly; however we appreciate that for some families this may not be possible. In these cases, we can accept the details from the professional and then contact the family direct.

We encourage all families to become a member to ensure that we can discuss access to all services where they are eligible for support, and we can communicate special offers for family trips or days out.


Referrals to Direct Payment Service

Access to our Service is by referral from your Social Worker, following an assessment of need, and after KCC have approved support can be funded by a Direct Payment. This relates to Kent County Council only.


Parent Support Groups

Professionals are welcome to attend any of the planned support groups for the purpose of research, assessing the suitability of the group for parents or other related matters. Please refer to the Family Advice Service pages on this website for details of dates and timings for support groups and parenting programmes. It is also helpful if you let us know in advance if you plan to attend.

Referrals to Support Brokerage Service

Person-Centred Planning

Requests for Person-Centred Planning can be made directly by the client, or on their behalf by professionals, family members or other involved parties. Where a referral is made on behalf of a client, the client should have agreed to the referral being made prior to sending this to the Brokerage Service.

Brokerage Management

Where you are directly funding management support for your personal budget you can make a request for support on our referral form.

If the management support is being funded by the Local authority, your Social Worker or Direct Payment Case Worker will make a referral on your behalf.

How To Make A Referral

Download our referral form, complete it and then email it to us.