Description / Details of the Role:
· To socially interact and support a 16 year old autistic young man that suffers from anxiety within his home to begin with.
· He has been home-schooled since 2016 due to his extreme anxiety. He has had limited social interaction.
· He has severe global developmental delay and severe learning difficulties.
· Speech sound disorder.
· He is younger in many ways than his chronological age.
· He is unaware of danger and dangerous situations.
· He is mobile but becomes breathless very quickly.
· Experience in Autism, Anxiety, Global Developmental Delay, Learning Difficulties and Speech Problems.
· Please note that health issues will be disclosed and discussed at interview.
Key main tasks:
· To like and be able to play video games.
· Help with his speech and language practice.
· Help with appropriate social skills and interaction.
· Listen to him read/read to him.
· Some personal care and help with food will eventually be required.
Hourly rate of pay: £10.42
HOURS TERM TIME 4 – TUESDAY & THURSDAY 2PM – 4PM
HOURS NON TERM TIME 8 – TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY & FRIDAY 2PM – 4PM
Hours will vary at times.
An enhanced DBS for working with children will be required, which I will arrange if an up to date clearance is needed.
Non Smoker – preferably from a non smoking household.
First Aid Trained.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like further information, please contact Mrs D Hannush on 0795806901 Please leave a message if no answer or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com