Hours: 2 hours per weekend during term time. 6 hours per week during school holidays including weekdays and/or weekends.
Description of Role: We are looking for a reliable, energetic and responsible PA for our 13-year-old son who attended Riverhead Infants’ School from ages 4 to 7 before moving over the road to Amherst School. He is a lovely boy with a dry sense of humour who now goes to Valence School. Our son’s great passions in life are Lego and everything to do with sports cars. He has a degenerative muscle wasting condition (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) and uses a lightweight manual wheelchair and Kaye/Grillo walker on a daily basis. Your role will involve taking him on days out at the weekends and/or during the school holidays. The aim is to help our son achieve a sense of independence by taking part in activities separate from school and family life. Our son would love to broaden his experience of the world whilst at the same time having a lot of fun. This is the ideal role for someone looking for some enjoyable extra work at the weekends and during the school holidays.
To provide 1:1 support for our son by planning and organising great days out at the weekends and in the school holidays to promote his independence and broaden his horizons.
· Planning enjoyable days out following discussion with our son.
· Supervising our son on days out.
· Managing transitions from manual wheelchair, walker, hoist and wheelchair adapted vehicle as appropriate.
· Driving a wheelchair adapted vehicle or use of public transport as appropriate.
Requirements & Personal Qualities:
· Enthusiasm, energy, motivation and stamina.
· Manual handling trained/training can be provided.
· Full clean driving licence. Wheelchair accessible vehicle will be provided.
· DBS checked.
Rate of Pay: £11.50 per hour
Contact: If you would be interested in this role please contact Claire at email@example.com for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org