Hours: Evenings – 4 hrs per week – three nights a week. Weekdays only – ideally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from approximately 6 pm to 7.20pm
Description of Role: We are looking for a reliable, energetic and responsible PA for our 13-year-old son who attended Riverhead Infants’ School from ages 4 to 7 before moving over the road to Amherst School. He is a lovely boy with a dry sense of humour who now goes to Valence School. Our son’s great passions in life are Lego and everything to do with sports cars. He has a degenerative muscle wasting condition (Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy) and uses a lightweight manual wheelchair and Kaye/Grillo walker on a daily basis. You will be responsible for our son’s bedtime routine to help conserve his energy levels. This is the ideal role for someone looking for additional work in the evenings.
To provide 1:1 support during the bedtime routine to conserve our son’s energy levels.
· Supervising our son’s bedtime routine.
· Straightforward physiotherapy stretching exercises to be performed each evening before bedtime for which demonstrations will be given.
· Manage transitions from manual wheelchair, walker or hoist as appropriate including for showering or bathing.
· Encouraging our son to read out loud at bedtime.
Requirements & Personal Qualities:
· Enthusiasm, energy and stamina.
· Manual handling trained/training can be provided.
· DBS check.
Rate of Pay: £11.50 per hour
Contact: If you would be interested in this role please contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com